Last Updated: Jan-15-2022
Information We Collect
When you contact us or interact with the Services, we collect information that alone or in combination with other information could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
If you are a User, we collect the following type of information that you provide in connection with your use of the Services. Certain information about you is also logged automatically in our systems, as described in the “Information Collected Automatically” section below.
• Account Information: When you sign up for a Humanlinker account, we collect certain Personal Data about you, including your username, password, email address, IP address, and a device identifier generated through the App (which is separate from and not related to any advertising identifier generated by your device’s operating system). You may also choose to provide your phone number to enable us to verify your identity and mitigate spam and abuse.
• Information You Provide Through Our Support Channels: If you choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with the Services to our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue. We will collect the information associated with this request in order to address your problem.
Information Collected from Site Visitors
We collect information that you provide when you interact with our Sites, such as when you request content, register for an event, contact our sales team or otherwise communicate with us. Certain information about you is also logged automatically in our systems, as described in the “Information Collected Automatically” section below. The information we may collect from you described below.
• Requesting Information or Content: We collect certain Personal Data about you if you voluntarily provide us with such information when you engage in certain activities on our Sites, such as fill out web forms to ask to be contacted by our sales team or request a demo, ask to download content (such as brochures, studies or guides), register for a webcast or other event, post comments on pages or our blog, or subscribe to emailing lists. The specific Personal Data collected during these interactions will vary based on the purpose of the form or the nature of your request, but it will generally include your name, email address and phone number (for example, we will ask you to provide your phone number if you want a member of our sales team to call you). We may also ask you for additional information to help us understand you better as a customer like your company name, or your role at your company.
• Information We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We maintain pages through social media services like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram (“Social Media Pages”). We may collect Personal Data from you when you interact with our Social Media Pages, including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analysis regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
If you are a Humanlinker Customer, we may collect certain Personal Data about you or your End Users as described below. Certain information about you is also logged automatically in our systems, as described in the “Information Collected Automatically” section below. The information we may collect from you described below.
• Contact our Sales Team or Customer Support Team: You may provide your Personal Data, like your contact information, to a member of our sales or customer support team when you communicate with them. If you contact our sales or customer support teams, those teams keep a record of that communication, including your contact details and other information you share during the course of the communication. We store this information to help us keep track of the inquiries we receive from you and from Customers generally so we can improve our Services and provide training to team members. This information also helps our teams manage our ongoing relationships with our Customers.
• Personal Data Collected on Behalf of Customers: While providing Humanlinker, we will collect certain Personal Data relating to End Users on behalf of our Customers. Our use of information on behalf of our Customers is governed by our contract with the applicable Customer and the Customer’s own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or privacy practices of Customers or other third parties. We have no direct relationship with the End Users whose Personal Data we process on behalf of Customers. If you are an End User of one of our Customers and would no longer like your data to be used by one of our Customers through the Services or you would like to access, correct or request deletion of your data, please contact the Customer that you interact with directly (e.g. your employer).
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit, use and interact with the Services, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit our Sites or use the App, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited on our Sites, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access and visit our Sites (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and Site-navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
• Log data: Information (“log data”) that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Sites. Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Sites), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Sites.
• Device information: Includes name/type of the device accessing the Services, operating system, browser you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
• Usage information: We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
• Location information: If you have enabled location services for the App on your mobile device, we may collect your precise location information based on city, state, zip code, country, latitude and longitude. We may also derive your approximate location from the IP address of your mobile device. Location information is used for purposes of enabling you to share your location with other Users through the Services. If you opt-in to have background location on in our App, we will collect data about your location when you are not using the App and when the App is closed (as permitted by your device settings). If you want to opt-out of the collection of your location data, please adjust your settings in your mobile device to limit the App’s access to your location data.
How we use the information
We use Personal Data for the following purposes:
To provide our Users and Customers with the Services and related customer support, process transactions, manage your account and respond to your requests. This processing is necessary to perform our contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with our Users or Customers.
As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
• To respond to inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
• To verify the identities of Users to mitigate spam and abuse of the Services;
• To connect Users to the most geographically proximate server and provide more relevant, localized content;
• To send administrative information to you, for example, information about the App or Services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
• To conduct analytics to inform our marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalize the experience we offer to our Users or Customers;
• To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our App and Sites and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks; and
• To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, Customers, or other third parties.
• With your consent, if required by the applicable law, which you may withdraw at any time using your account settings and other tools;
There may be other occasions where Personal Data is processed for purposes which will be explained at that time. We will provide further notice to you of any additional processing and, if required, ask your consent to that processing.
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, please see the “European Individuals” section below for additional information about our processing activities, including what we mean by legitimate interests and your rights in relation to that processing.
Sharing and disclosure of information
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
• Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with service providers, including hosting, cloud services and other information technology services providers; email communication software providers, advertising and marketing service providers; customer relationship management, customer engagement, and customer feedback services; payment processors; identity verification services; and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
• Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
• Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Site, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Data.
Scope. This section applies to individuals in the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom (UK).
Data Controller. Humanlinker is the data controller of Users’ Personal Data and Personal Data obtained through the Sites and Social Media Pages. Humanlinker is the data processor of Personal Data provided or otherwise made available to us by Customers or End Users through the Services, which we process on Customers’ behalf pursuant to our contract with the applicable Customer. You can find our contact information, and the contact information of our representative in the EEA/UK for purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, in the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Rights. Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
• Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
• Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
• Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
• Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
• Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by automated means. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
• Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data—unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or we need to process your data in order to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims;If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
• Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
• Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
Please contact us at email@example.com and to exercise your rights or request additional information on how to exercise your rights.
Links to other Websites or Services
Cookies ans other Technologies
Pixel tags or “clear” gifs are small images on a web page or in an email. When you visit the Sites or view one of our emails, we will use pixel tags, from the third parties described below, to track your activity on our Sites (for example, to know when content has been shown to you) and to personalize your experience. We also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports.
Type of Technologies Used
The following chart sets out how we use different categories of cookies and similar technologies, as well as information on your options for managing the settings for the data collection by these technologies:
CATEGORYWHO SERVES THE COOKIE
Used to provide users with services available through the Sites and to use some of their features, such as the ability to log-in and access secure areas. These cookies are essential for using and navigating the Sites. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Sites, users cannot refuse them.
Used to enhance the performance and functionality of the Sites. These cookies are not essential for using and navigating the Sites. However, without these cookies, you will not be able to use certain functionalities offered on our Sites.
HubSpot: We use a cookie (hubspotutk) to keep track of a visitor’s identity. It is passed to HubSpot on form submission and used when deduplicating contacts. For more information, please read HubSpot cookie description here.You can prevent your data from being collected by HubSpot by turning off cookies in your browser (please see the “Cookie Choices” section below for more information).
Analytics / Performance
Google Analytics Opt Out
You can prevent your data from being collected by these technologies by turning off cookies in your browser (please see the “Cookie Choices” section below for more information).
HubSpot: You can prevent your data from being collected by HubSpot by turning off cookies in your browser (please see the “Cookie Choices” section below for more information).
LinkedIn: You should check LinkedIn’s website for more information on how to opt out, at this link.
You use the Services at your own risk. We comply with industry standards to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. For example, we use available technology and other techniques to implement systems like firewalls, and/or encryption to secure data transfers. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Services, or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Humanlinker via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Services or third party websites.
Whether or not you provide Personal Data to us is completely up to you, but if you choose not to provide information that is needed to create an account for or use some features of the Services, we may be unable to provide you with the Services. You can also contact us to access, update, correct, or remove your Personal Data from the Sites.